After you successful in stall the Essbase and it shared service, before you start use the command and other shell fucntion, you need to setup the Linux environment for Essbase,
1. For Linux, there is a file by default in the installation, check the file of $ARBORPATH/hyperionenv.doc, ($ARBORPATH is the folder you install your essbase server.). This file defines the most env variables, looks like:
#Use following if your deployment does not require CDF,CDM,Data mining,Single Sign-on or Triggers
2. If you want add these env to every user in the system, then add these lines into the /etc/profile file, and one more line to the end:
export HYPERION_HOME ARBORPATH ESSLANG LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH ODBCINI
3. Then just relogin the user, env will be all set.
4. If you want just add env to a single user, not all, then edit the file of $HOME/.bash_profile, with same content. You need to relogin too for this single user.
5. Note: HYPERION_HOME is auto set in the home/.hyperion.<hostname> file.
1. Start Shell
For windows, essmsh.exe in the C:\Hyperion\AnalyticServices\bin or in the admin folder C:\Hyperion\AnalyticAdministrationServices\server\bin
essmsh -h | more to get help
essmsh -l user password to login
essmsh filename to use a file as input (can login in file)
Note: this user name is not the admin account for administration service, this account is account to start the essbase server, it is the essbase ‘s registered username
login username password on localhost;
5. spool on to ‘C:\esslog.log’; to log the input and output into a logfile, can use ‘\’
spool stdout on to ‘output.txt’;
spool stderr on to ‘errors.txt’;
6. spool off to stop the log
7. echo $ARBORPATH to display the path setting of essbase server
8. version; to see version of MaxL
9. logout; to loglout
10.exit; exit the shell
11. set var1 = sample; to set local variable
12. echo $var1; to see what the value of $var1 is
13. /* comments */ to comment
14. using $? to display last command’s return, 0 is ok, 1 is error in exec
0. ensure your DB for Essbase is running, it could be any DB(Oracle, mySQL, MSSQL, etc.) when you set up in you installation of essbase.
1. start the essbase server and sample in Hyperion–>essbase, you need input the server password to start it.
2. start the administration service server in Hyperion–>administration service
3. start the administration service console in Hyperion–>administration service, input your admin account and password.
4. then can start use it and monitor it.
1. Download the install pack to your server
2. First to install the SharedService ..
a. unzip and tar xzfv the file to a folder.
i. unzip filename.zip –d ./destfolder
ii. tar xvf filename.tar
iii. if the setup.bin is not exec, then “chmod +x setup”, to let it can run
b. Then run the setup.bin, get the install UI…..
c. Create the install Hyperion home as /Hyperion
d. Then follow the UI to install
e. After install, let it run the config tools, or you can run from /Hyperion/common/config/configtool.sh
f. In the config tool, select to config the SharedService, include the DB server and deploy application server
g. For DB server, prepare your DB info, such as :
Table space: TS_DBUSER, index space can leave default
h. For the deploy the application server, just select the default the Apache Tomcat 5 server
3. Second is to install the essbase server
a. unzip the server install pack to a folder, if the setup.bin is not exec, then “chmod +x setup”, to let it can run
b. run the setup.bin, follw UI to install it.
4. Then you can install the admin service in the same way
5. After install, you need to setup the linux environmanet for essbase. Please refer to set up env part.
6. To config the essbase server and admin server
a. You need to start the shared service first, by /Hyperion/deployments/Tomcat5/bin/startSharedServices9.sh
b. Then start the confi tool by /Hyperion/common/config/configtool.sh
c. To register the admin and essbase server to shared service:
Server: your server name of SharedService
Password: password(default one)
d. To register the admin service to the DB, you need DB info (same as for reg the shared service to DB)
e. You need to deploy the admin service, just choose to deploy to tomcat 5 server
f. You can config ghe essbase server product options.
7. You finish install the essbase shared service/ essbase server/ essbase admin service