Feb 2016, By WZh
This some Jenkins key points to note down:
1. Get the jenkin war file from https://jenkins-ci.org/2. Install the tomcat server, to run in linux.
3. Copy the jenkins.war file to the webapp folder of the tomcat, restart tomcat.
then you can access this URL to access jenkins:
4. At this step, you are still using anonymous user to access jenkins.
5. jenkin will using a default folder to save all jenkins related data files into it.
You can change to other folder as you want , eg. /opt/jenkins
6. Go to “Manage Jenkins”–>”Configure System” to do basic config for a jenkins, major points:
1. JDK Name and JAVA_HOME , or you can let jenkins to install the JDK automatically
2. ANT refer to your ANT or let jenkins to install one for you.
3. MAVEN refer to your ANT or let jenkins to install one for you.
4. jenkins URL: http://192.168.160.48/jenkins/
5. CVS or Subversion; if you use Subversion, you just need to select one version here. later in each job, you input svn URL and user accounts
just save it.
7. Create job and run job according your schedule:
1. “default” when you first time using ANT/Maven will cause issue when they are auto installer. S better to refer to the specific version for them.
2. Build periodically will use cron format, do a bit study for it.
If you want every five minitues: */5 * * * *
If you want every one hour: H */1 * * *
8. Maven project in you eclipse will be easily run in jenkin.
9. ANT project sometimes need to test and make the build.xml working fine both at eclipse and also the jenkins environment, and you may need to add change abit your ant xml.
10. use “Manage Jenkins”–>”Configure Global Security” to enable the security , normally will use the :
1. “Jenkins’ own user database” unless you intergrate with enterprise AD/LDAP
2. “Matrix-based security” to let each user be controlled.
The installation of Apache Maven is a simple process of extracting the archive and adding the bin folder with the mvn command to the PATH.
Detailed steps are:
Add the bin directory of the created directory apache-maven-3.3.3 to the PATH environment variable,change your file of /etc/profile to add :
and also run this command too, then run this command to confirm installed in a new console
create a sample project and to learn it
There are two other Maven lifecycles of note beyond the default list above. They are
With this information about a dependency, Maven will be able to reference the dependency when it builds the project. Where does Maven reference the dependency from? Maven looks in your local repository (~/.m2/repository is the default location) to find all dependencies. What about dependencies built somewhere else? How do they get into my local repository? Whenever a project references a dependency that isn't available in the local repository, Maven will download the dependency from a remote repository into the local repository.
Let’s add another dependency to our project. Let’s say we’ve added some logging to the code and need to add log4j as a dependency. First, we need to know what the groupId, artifactId, and version are for log4j. We can browse ibiblio and look for it, or use Google to help by searching for “site:www.ibiblio.org maven2 log4j”.
The search shows a directory called /maven2/log4j/log4j (or /pub/packages/maven2/log4j/log4j). In that directory is a file called maven-metadata.xml. Here’s what the maven-metadata.xml for log4j looks like:
i am just doc this tool here as it might be used any project for UI testing. Beside the Selenium, this is a web UI automation testing tools developed by HP but widely used in the Oracle ADF project testing.
Because it can support the add-in extension, it supplies a lot ability to test the advance web UI by JAVA and .NET. And test script can make you do the function and regression test.
By W.ZH, Aug 2011
SmartCVS is the best CVS Client I have ever used, Comparing with others like WinCVS, TortoiseCVS, I have used for long time, SmartCVS has a lot improves:
1. It can crosss the OS, I am using linux version and it is quick fast, and easy to use .
2. It can list all the folder/projects in your CVS root, so you know what folders in remote site easily.
3. It can sort to show what the new file, what is the non-CVS files, so you can easily check what should be check in or commit , far better than wincvs.
4. It automatically creates folders for you for new added files, you do not need to manully add your new folders like in wincvs.
5. It automatically chooses txt or bin for your file, more intellegient.
By W.ZH Dec 28 2010
When I try to run my test case through servlet of ServletTestRunner from the cactus’s war file. i face this exception:
In fact it is very hard to find the reason fro this kind of things. We should explain how this cactus runs by class loader, then you can know what may cause this:
WEB-INF/classes CL --> WEB-INF/lib CL --> system CL
You see, the cactus WEB-INF/classes in fact should contain your test cases classes, those u write to inherit the ServletTestCase.
and all cactus related jar should be put into the WEB-INF/lib.
to make your test cases can run,you normally also has alot other jars put into the ear file top layer, bu they are outside the WEB-INF.
So there are three place u need to check:
1. WEB-INF/classes has all the test cases class.
2. WEB-INF/lib has all the test case support jar lib files.
3. Your top layer(outside the WEB-INF), do not has any test cases class. You may need to unzip all your jars to look for them.
What error I made is N0. 3!
like this :
After u find the reason, I think you know how to fix this error!