The common tools that we used in the eclipse is deoxygen
The good point for this one is that it can be used in both JAVA and C/C++ project. So for misc projects, this one maybe the best choice. In fact, it is really hard to find a workable free UML tool in Eclipse C++ to turn your code into the class hierarchy diagram. But this one can give this feature plus the auto index the docs.
Usage for it also is very easy.
1. Just install it in my ubuntu.
sudo apt-get install doxygen
2. And then in the eclipse install one plugin for doxygen: Eclox
3. Under the eclipse project create a folder of doc.
4. New -> other file-> others….. to create a doxyfile under this folder. Then you can use context menu to edit this file and make your selection for configuration for doxygen.
5: Common configurations summary here:
Input of source files folder (h, cpp, java etc.)
HTML with search and frame selected
Diagrams: use dot tool from the GraphViz….
Extraction mode: all entities and with crosss reference source-code…
6. Just use context menu “build documentation”, then you will get html/latex/rtf etc version docs for your code.
7. Then find the index.html in the created doc html folder to read the docs.