By WZh June 2015
0. Clear about two ways to create JavaFX project UI:
1. pure java way like the Swing coding;
2. FXML+ controller java, this is MVC model to make UI XML seperate with the logic code. can be used in complex project.
1. Clear about the major version relations:
Version 2.2 combination: JDK 7u6 up + JavaFX 2.2 + Scene Builder 1.1 version.
Version 8 Combination:
2. IDE choice is for netbean and eclipse.
So tools combination like this:
1. you need to add jfxrt.jar to your project to let your project can run javafx 2.2
2. you can create a file type association in eclipse to make *.fxml file can be opened by the SceneBuilder automatically from eclipse.
So : Scene builder is for GUI design for FXML file and eclipse or netbean is used to design the controller and other java files.
If you do not using FXML way, just want use pure java code to code the FX, you do not need the SceneBuilder.