By W.ZH Sept 2011
Refer to the Andrejus Baranovskis and Putten’s blog, he has very good example for the Buisiness Event From ADF-BC Entity Object. Links are here:
I have downloaded his example and tried it, here are some notes for it.
1. Entity Object has ability to config and trigger the buisiness events to SOA Suite, easy to use.
2. I have done some changes to his example as it has some issues when I tested it, such as it links a remote service to call, which is noise in the example. and which uses old version DB of “hr” of the Oracle database example. So when I deployed the samples, it just does not run.
3. I put my working sample copy to here, you can download free
SalaryManagement is one SOA composite application to receive the event.
SalaryUpdateRemote2 is the web application to create and publish the event.
4. You need to change the DB config info to point to your IP address and make it run.
5. You need to deploy the SalaryUpdateRemote2 to your SOA server, such as soa_server1, which is my SOA composite appllications runs, as event publishing need to access the EDN in the SOA server context. Publishing EO’s application can not deploy to other server, such as AdminServer, it will get nullpointerexception when create event.
6. Then you can go to http://yourIPaddress:8001/suremote/faces/main.jspx to access the test main page and to update employee’s salary, then you will see that an event is received by the SalaryManagement.
7. When you deploy the project through the jdeveloper to the SOA server, you might find some issue to run , such as