After you successful in stall the Essbase and it shared service, before you start use the command and other shell fucntion, you need to setup the Linux environment for Essbase,
1. For Linux, there is a file by default in the installation, check the file of $ARBORPATH/hyperionenv.doc, ($ARBORPATH is the folder you install your essbase server.). This file defines the most env variables, looks like:
#Use following if your deployment does not require CDF,CDM,Data mining,Single Sign-on or Triggers
2. If you want add these env to every user in the system, then add these lines into the /etc/profile file, and one more line to the end:
export HYPERION_HOME ARBORPATH ESSLANG LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH ODBCINI
3. Then just relogin the user, env will be all set.
4. If you want just add env to a single user, not all, then edit the file of $HOME/.bash_profile, with same content. You need to relogin too for this single user.
5. Note: HYPERION_HOME is auto set in the home/.hyperion.<hostname> file.