1. Download the install pack to your server
2. First to install the SharedService ..
a. unzip and tar xzfv the file to a folder.
i. unzip filename.zip –d ./destfolder
ii. tar xvf filename.tar
iii. if the setup.bin is not exec, then “chmod +x setup”, to let it can run
b. Then run the setup.bin, get the install UI…..
c. Create the install Hyperion home as /Hyperion
d. Then follow the UI to install
e. After install, let it run the config tools, or you can run from /Hyperion/common/config/configtool.sh
f. In the config tool, select to config the SharedService, include the DB server and deploy application server
g. For DB server, prepare your DB info, such as :
Table space: TS_DBUSER, index space can leave default
h. For the deploy the application server, just select the default the Apache Tomcat 5 server
3. Second is to install the essbase server
a. unzip the server install pack to a folder, if the setup.bin is not exec, then “chmod +x setup”, to let it can run
b. run the setup.bin, follw UI to install it.
4. Then you can install the admin service in the same way
5. After install, you need to setup the linux environmanet for essbase. Please refer to set up env part.
6. To config the essbase server and admin server
a. You need to start the shared service first, by /Hyperion/deployments/Tomcat5/bin/startSharedServices9.sh
b. Then start the confi tool by /Hyperion/common/config/configtool.sh
c. To register the admin and essbase server to shared service:
Server: your server name of SharedService
Password: password(default one)
d. To register the admin service to the DB, you need DB info (same as for reg the shared service to DB)
e. You need to deploy the admin service, just choose to deploy to tomcat 5 server
f. You can config ghe essbase server product options.
7. You finish install the essbase shared service/ essbase server/ essbase admin service