By W.ZH 2009
There are some tips when i use wincvs.
1. how to remove a folder and its files
delete the files in this folder and commit them.
then need to update with “Prune empty directories” option
2. How to add a folder tree..
our version is special, current only can add one by one…. 😦
1. Download the install pack to your server
2. First to install the SharedService ..
a. unzip and tar xzfv the file to a folder.
i. unzip filename.zip –d ./destfolder
ii. tar xvf filename.tar
iii. if the setup.bin is not exec, then “chmod +x setup”, to let it can run
b. Then run the setup.bin, get the install UI…..
c. Create the install Hyperion home as /Hyperion
d. Then follow the UI to install
e. After install, let it run the config tools, or you can run from /Hyperion/common/config/configtool.sh
f. In the config tool, select to config the SharedService, include the DB server and deploy application server
g. For DB server, prepare your DB info, such as :
Table space: TS_DBUSER, index space can leave default
h. For the deploy the application server, just select the default the Apache Tomcat 5 server
3. Second is to install the essbase server
a. unzip the server install pack to a folder, if the setup.bin is not exec, then “chmod +x setup”, to let it can run
b. run the setup.bin, follw UI to install it.
4. Then you can install the admin service in the same way
5. After install, you need to setup the linux environmanet for essbase. Please refer to set up env part.
6. To config the essbase server and admin server
a. You need to start the shared service first, by /Hyperion/deployments/Tomcat5/bin/startSharedServices9.sh
b. Then start the confi tool by /Hyperion/common/config/configtool.sh
c. To register the admin and essbase server to shared service:
Server: your server name of SharedService
Password: password(default one)
d. To register the admin service to the DB, you need DB info (same as for reg the shared service to DB)
e. You need to deploy the admin service, just choose to deploy to tomcat 5 server
f. You can config ghe essbase server product options.
7. You finish install the essbase shared service/ essbase server/ essbase admin service
0. ensure your DB for Essbase is running, it could be any DB(Oracle, mySQL, MSSQL, etc.) when you set up in you installation of essbase.
1. start the essbase server and sample in Hyperion–>essbase, you need input the server password to start it.
2. start the administration service server in Hyperion–>administration service
3. start the administration service console in Hyperion–>administration service, input your admin account and password.
4. then can start use it and monitor it.
1. Start Shell
For windows, essmsh.exe in the C:\Hyperion\AnalyticServices\bin or in the admin folder C:\Hyperion\AnalyticAdministrationServices\server\bin
essmsh -h | more to get help
essmsh -l user password to login
essmsh filename to use a file as input (can login in file)
Note: this user name is not the admin account for administration service, this account is account to start the essbase server, it is the essbase ‘s registered username
login username password on localhost;
5. spool on to ‘C:\esslog.log’; to log the input and output into a logfile, can use ‘\’
spool stdout on to ‘output.txt’;
spool stderr on to ‘errors.txt’;
6. spool off to stop the log
7. echo $ARBORPATH to display the path setting of essbase server
8. version; to see version of MaxL
9. logout; to loglout
10.exit; exit the shell
11. set var1 = sample; to set local variable
12. echo $var1; to see what the value of $var1 is
13. /* comments */ to comment
14. using $? to display last command’s return, 0 is ok, 1 is error in exec
The top level XML source files in an application are known as the application’s bootstrap configuration files. The content and loading mechanism for each file mimics faces-config.xml, the XML source file used in JSF navigation. When you create a new ADF unbounded task flow, JDeveloper automatically adds an entry into adfc-config.xml to include the task flow it in the bootstrap list.Bootstrap XML source files are loaded when an application is first started. The files can contain:
■ ADF navigation metadata for an ADF unbounded task flow
■ ADF activity metadata for an ADF unbounded task flow
■ Managed bean definitions used by ADF activities
The main bootstrap XML source file is usually named
You can add additional bootstrap XML source files in the Metadata Resources list. To access the list, click the Overview tab for adfc-config.xml or some other bootstrap configuration file, then click Metadata Resources.
The central configuration file for all of ADF is adf-config.xml. This file contains sections that configure different ADF components, for example, ADF Controller behavior such as save for later.
By W.ZH May 15 2009Problem: This is another anoying issue that our new WLS server has: When you create a new project, running fine with the Jdev’s server.. then you packed and ready to deploy in war/ear file.. to the standalone WLS 10.3 (ADF runtime install already), But deploy failed with the error of Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.adf.model.servlet.ADFBindingFilter.
Reason: can not explain, should be a bug that for new versions among the jdev and WLS.
Solution: Only solution that you can find now is at
I should be working as WLS consultant!
For WLS 10.3, From the link of
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=3637391When you try to use the WLST, it can not run . why?
two periods with a space, then
A stupid way to solve also can be
try this ….in your $WLHOME/comon/bin you should have a wlst.sh …try using that …if it still doesn’t work…..then as you said you can run a script.. if you want to still use interactive mode…in the script just try to connect to a server and run the script as
In a shell script connect.sh..with contents:
java weblogic.WLST -i <script>.py
and the script.py contents as:
and then run the shell script….
this will connect to the server and the wlst session will not end so you can use it in interavtive mode now……….
this is just a work around not a solution…….